Severe, heavy thunderstorms are expected across the southeast quarter of the state.
The Bureau of Meteorology has predicted damaging winds and heavy rainfall for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall which may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Kingaroy, Warwick, Toowoomba, Dalby, Roma, Stanthorpe and Gatton.
Biddenham, west of Augathella, recorded 41mm of rainfall within 30 minutes after 3pm this afternoon.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.