By Neesha Sinnya
Kingaroy’s Bill Hull Car Centre is getting into the Christmas spirit with a food drive in full swing.
With an aim to make the festive season enjoyable for the entire community, Bill Hull is hoping to gain valuable donations that will make a difference.
Dealer Principal Jacqui Trace said it was great to give back to the South Burnett.
“We hope this is a gesture to help people get through Christmas time,” she said.
“I want to thank the community for all their donations so far too”.
Proud supporter of the initiative, Damien Martoo said this is the fourth year the Christmas drive has been running.
“I’ve always promoted it – it’s a great initiative, it gets bigger and better every year,” Mr Martoo said.
The most needed items are:
• Canned food – meat, vegetables, fish, fruit
• Dry pasta, noodles, rice
• Coffee, tea, sugar
• Long life products – milk/juice
• Spreads – vegemite, jam, honey
• Nibbles – chips, nuts, lollies
• Christmas food – puddings, mince pies, shortbread, bonbons, long-life custard
• School supplies – school books, stationery etc.
Donations can be dropped at Bill Hull Car Centre, Kingaroy Woolworths, South Burnett Police Stations or to the Martoo Review by 8 December.
All donated goods will be distributed through the South Burnett CTC to families in need.