Residents in the Cherbourg and Maidenwell areas are urged to ‘avoid smoke’ as two separate bushfires are monitored in these areas.
The Cherbourg fire is under control and is from a fire burning near Piggery Road and Simpsons Road, Cherbourg.
Smoke is currently affecting Cherbourg, Murgon, Moffatdale, Wondai and surrounding areas.
Meanwhile, the Maidenwell fire is also under control and has smoke affecting the Maidenwell and surrounding areas.
This is from a fire burning near Upper Yarraman Maidenwell Road, Copper Creek and Coomba Waterhole Road.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
– Stay inside and close windows and doors.
– Keep respiratory medication close by.
– Follow your bushfire survival plan now. If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, make one on the QFES website.
– Avoid driving through smoke if you can.
– Watch out for firefighters working in the area.
– Do not fly drones around the fire or in the warning area. This can block air operations.
– No properties are at risk.
– Smoke can make it hard for some people to breathe.
– Smoke can make it hard to see when you are driving.
– Some roads may be closed.