Residents of Shellytop Road in Durong are urged to leave now.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services reports that the large, fast-moving fire is burning near Chinchilla Wondai Road and is expected to impact Shellytop Road very soon.
The warning area goes from Shellytop Road, between Mundubbera Durong Road and Chinchilla Road.
QFES urges people in this warning area to ‘leave immediately’ as people’s lives could be at risk and it will ‘soon be too dangerous to drive.
If your life is in danger, call Triple Zero 000 immediately.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
– LEAVE IMMEDIATELY and follow your bushfire survival plan now.
– Go to a place away from the Emergency Warning area. Plan how you will get there. Tell others where you are going.
– Avoid driving on Chinchilla Wondai Road.
– Check for road closures before you leave at the QLD Traffic website or call 13 19 40.
– Wear protective clothing and stay hydrated.
– Keep medications close by.
– Keep checking the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website
– Follow QFES on Facebook and Twitter
– Listen to your local radio station
– Do not fly drones around the fire. Drones affect air operations.
– Conditions could get worse quickly and properties will likely be impacted.
– Firefighters may not be able to stop the fire from getting closer. Do not expect a firefighter at your door.
– Power, water, and mobile phone services may stop working soon.
– Smoke will make it hard to see and breathe. The smoke will sting your eyes.
– It will be hot and loud. You may hear explosions nearby.
– The sky will be dark.
– You could be isolated.
IF YOU CAN’T LEAVE SAFELY:
– Turn garden sprinklers on to soak the ground.
– Bring doormats and outdoor furniture inside or away from the house.
– Block downpipes at the top and fill gutters with water if you can.
– Find a safe place to shelter, preferably inside a brick building.
– Close windows, doors and vents.
– Seal gaps under doors and windows with wet towels.
– Fill containers with water for drinking and firefighting.
– Bring pets inside. Give them water to drink. Keep them safe.