UPDATE: The grass fire at Durong has now been contained.
QFES crews will remain on scene to monitor the vegetation fire burning between McPhee Rd, Kingaroy Burrandowan Rd and Freshwaters Rd, Durong.
People in the area may still be affected by the smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
EARLIER: Firefighters and waterbombing aircraft are working to contain a blaze at Durong.
Durong residents are being urged to stay informed about the grass fire this afternoon.
QFES is urging people in the area to keep up to date and decide what actions they will take if the situation changes.
The vegetation fire is burning near McPhee Rd between Kingaroy Burrandowan Rd and Freshwaters Rd, Durgon.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
The current bushfire warning level is at ‘advice’.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.